Tips for Buying or Selling
This page will give you hints especially for selling your home quickly and for the highest price.
Most of these things will also help you enjoy your current home even more than you already do.
Curb Appeal Rules the Market
- Your front door needs to be clean, fresh, and inviting - It is the first thing people see when they're driving by or when they are coming to see your house. Paint isn't expensive (though higher quality paint goes on easier and covers better), so bite the bullet and repaint it.
- Consider a shade brighter than you're really comfortable using - you'll grow to love it
- Consider a third color that coordinates but isn't necessarily a shade of the other outside colors
- Put some flowers in a pot or planter by your door to bring a pop of color
- Hang a basket, a wreath, or even just a bow on the front door
Decluttering will make the house look bigger
- Get a dumpster and get rid of anything you don't need
- Gather everything you don't want to keep when you move in one place and bring it to a resale store to support a non-profit while you help yourself
- Consider a self-storage unit if there is extra furniture or big stuff - or maybe even for out-of-season clothes - you just can't part with
Clean and Neat Does the Trick
- Keep the yard trimmed and the weeds under control. When people come to see your home and the yard is unkempt they think the whole house is uncared-for. That will move it to the bottom of the list of possibilities.