Whether you're buying your first home or have done this many times, my goal is to make the process simple and effective for you.
1) We will sit down together and discuss your wants and needs as well as your alternatives. We will have an informal, relaxed discussion about what it is you're looking for in a home.
2) We will talk about a comfortable payment level. There are many qualified, caring mortgage professionals who are experts at helping with this step and finding the best type loan for you. The process can begin over the phone, continue with you filling out some forms, and is entirely free. In this market every offer requires a pre-approval letter.
3) Then we will go look at homes which we've selected together from the most up-to-date listings. The home buying process should be fun; it is the ultimate shopping trip and should include everyone in your family, if possible. Because I take the time to listen carefully to your wants and needs in advance, finding the perfect home will not take as long as you may think. In fact, it shouldn't take us more than a day or two at the most.
4) Once we've found the perfect home, we will negotiate the purchase with the seller.
5) When we've worked out an accepted offer and your lender is ready, we transfer ownership of the home to you, and get you comfortably moved in. There are many details involved in getting the sale closed; it requires a great deal of communication with a lot of people. My role during this step is to see that all of these details are handled quickly and professionally on your behalf.
It is always very important to get a home inspection of any property you choose to buy. Please check out the home inspection companies and further information on this topic on our Home Inspections page.
What is Buyer Representation? It is the practice of a Real Estate Practitioner representing the buyer as a client. In 1983, an FTC survey found that 71% of buyers thought the agent showing them a property was their agent. In reality, until the early 1990s, all agents were working for the seller. The State of Michigan passed a law in 1993 to allow Buyer's Agency.
An agent is a party who is authorized to act in the best interests of a client.
What does your agent owe you?
If your REALTOR® is not your agent (ie, you have no contract), he/she only owes you honesty. The default position is that a REALTOR® with no contract is always working for the seller.
- Full Disclosure
- Reasonable Care and Diligence
- Obedience to lawful requests
- Accounting (what is the total you're spending)
Michigan law requires that agency disclosure must be made prior to the exchange of any confidential information.
Without a Buyer's Agency contract to protect you, you should under no circumstances give a REALTOR® any private information (like your pre-approval limit). When you call the REALTOR® on the sign, you're dealing with the REALTOR® who is under contract to the seller and has agreed to get them the highest possible sales price.
Both of us prefer to work with people who are our clients (have signed a Buyer's Agency contract). That way we can represent you. Without a contract we owe you, the buyer, only honesty - and must honestly tell you - We're working for the seller. I am an Accredited Buyer's Representative.
Why Buy Now?
Two very important reasons to buy now are:
Contact me today for details.
- Interest rates are at or near all-time lows
- Home prices are heading up
Lower Prices Don't Always Equate to Lower Payments
One major point to consider: Even if you believe that home prices will once again decline, it's very difficult to believe that interest rates will remain at these low levels.
Did you know that even if home prices were to decline by 10% but also during that time, interest rates for home loans were to increase by 1%, your monthly principal and interest payment would actually be higher? It's true. So, if you are thinking of buying or the end of your lease is near, get busy and get in the game. To quote Warren Buffet, "If you wait for the robins, spring will be over."
Contact me and we can get started finding you the best value today!
Buyer's Agency - Ensuring You Have Representation